Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ProAna


This blog is not pro-anorexia. None of the content posted on this blog is meant to endorse behaviors that mimic the symptoms of anorexia. Some of the things I post may be triggering, but they are not intended to encourage ProAna Behaviors or followers. I was diagnosed with this disorder 11 years ago. I do not see it as a game, or an act. It is not something you want, the thought that someone might wish it, makes me afraid for them; it also makes me sad. I will do my best to stay away from triggering content. While my ED does focus a lot on my body image and losing weight, for me and most people with an ED, it is more about a way of coping with the everyday world. I have been in out of various treatments, but am struggling with a relapse that started in early March of this year.  I would like to stick a disclaimer about this blog being absolutely not ProAna somewhere on this page, but I’m still figuring out this blogging thing.  I will work on it.  At the same time, I do know that I am putting myself out on the internet, and the contents of this blog will be used however the people who read it damn well please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment